See electricity rates available in your area
For many business owners operating throughout the state of Texas, staying ahead of the competition is key to success. Keeping your overheads low is one way of going about it. To achieve this, you need to keep your monthly electricity bills as low as possible. In reality, this is easier said than done as most companies find it difficult to cut down their heating and lighting needs. Texas business owners have the power of choice, as they can easily switch electricity providers and choose one with a lower kWh rate.
Energy Deregulation for Businesses
Much of Texas has switched to a deregulated energy market. This opened up the electricity industry to competition, empowering business owners with customer choice. The power of choice in a crowded market gives a Texas business an advantage over the out-of-state competition, as you can choose the lowest retail supplier. Comparing rates can also help traders lower energy costs and make savings.
Business electricity is an electric service for commercial operations and businesses. They include warehouses, hotels, gas stations, car dealerships and many more. Churches, schools, and cities also have “business electricity” for shopping and comparing rates and plans.
Texas Business Retail Electricity Providers
The Public Utility Commission (PUC) of Texas regulates and approves Retail Electricity Providers. After approval, REPs can supply electricity, related products, and services, or even natural gas. To stay ahead of the competition, REPs need to provide business consumers with high-quality energy-related services. Competition facilitates better rates and services in the long term to the business energy consumers who are heavy electricity users. With so many REPs crowding the market, it’s upon them to fulfill the customer demands and focus their attention on customer retention and satisfaction.
How Commercial Electricity Providers Help Reduce Energy Costs
When you choose to buy business electricity from a retail electricity provider, you get the chance to reduce your energy costs and make savings every month.
How will commercial electricity providers offer you flexibility in your business electricity rate
- No matter the company’s size or business energy requirements, business electricity providers can offer your business a customized pricing plan. This allows you to enjoy competitive, flexible business electricity rates tailored to your business energy usage.
- Commercial electricity providers offer smart meters that allow you to track your business energy usage in real-time. The smart meter records your electricity usage at 15 minutes intervals. Thus you’re always aware of your business energy consumption. With this knowledge, you can budget your electricity needs.
- In a deregulated energy market, commercial energy providers can offer fixed-rate plans for your business electricity billing. A fixed-rate plan keeps the rates you pay per unit of electricity constant month to month. Such a plan will stabilize your business energy costs, as you are cushioned from the unpredictability of the energy market.
It doesn’t matter whether you have a small start-up in Northern Texas or a booming industry on the coast. You have the power to choose your preferred commercial electric provider. Your business can take advantage of the power of choice in electricity supply to increase your bottom line and reduce energy costs. Remember that Texas electric rates bear similarities, thus you should research plans to avoid unexpected surprises in future.
Texas Retail Electricity Suppliers
Examples of business REPs serving Texas currently includes:
- Breeze Energy
- Spark Energy
- Champion Energy
- Entrust Energy
- Amigo Energy
- First Choice Power
- Pioneer Power
- Summer Energy
- Voltera Energy
- Direct Energy
- Discount Power
- Ambit Energy
- Beyond Power
Plans for Businesses
Electricity providers offer various types of plans and services, depending on the size of your business or commercial building. Some of these plans include:
- Fixed rate plan – Keeps rate at one price regardless of the market price. This plan is ideal for customers searching a long-term option.
- Variable-rate plan – With this plan, the decrease or increase of rates depends on the market price. A price drop means the rate also drops and vice versa.
- Green Plan – A Green Plan allows you to buy the supply of electricity generated by clean resources such as the sun or wind. It’s common to find Electricity Providers who offer this type of plan in Texas.